Meet the Officers Contact Us
The Young Adult Ministry of the Antiochian Orthodox Christian Diocese of Los Angeles and the West. Its Mission is to:
- Cultivate and strengthen love for Jesus Christ and His Church among young adults
- Create a forum for fellowship, prayer, study of the faith, and service to others in parishes or centralized geographical areas.
- Facilitate leadership and active participation of young adults in everyday parish life
- Equip young adults to be active witnesses of Christ and His Church in the world
What is the role of the Young Adult Ministry on the Diocesean level?
The officers who make up the executive committee, along with their subcommittees, and spiritual advisor, seek to:
- Implement the vision and goals of His Eminence, Metropolitan Joseph, for young adult ministry in the Diocese of Los Angeles and the West
- Encourage and assist in establishing young adult ministries throughout the diocese in parishes or local geographical areas.
- Support established young adult ministries through providing resources, providing a centralized forum for the sharing of information, and organizing Diocese and Deanery level programs, retreats, and events.
- Work with the hosting parish’s young adult group and the Conference Planning Committee to organize a young adult program at the annual Parish Life Conference and Diocesan Fall Gathering.
Who may become a member of the Young Adult Ministry?
Members of the Young Adult Ministry may be anyone moving on from Teen SOYO, post high school (18-20), through the age of 35.
The Young Adult Ministry is an organization of the Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America. For more information about the work of the Fellowship of St. John the Divine at the Archdiocese level click here: Archdiocese FSJD